Movement for Wellbeing
Workshops integrate the benefits of somatic movement, contemporary dance, tension and trauma release, yoga, chi gung and movement for wellbeing practices. Workshops focus on the physical, mental and emotional aspects of our wellbeing, stretch our creative capacity, increase our aptitude for problem-solving and communication skill.
Dance and Movement for Wellbeing:
As a contemporary dancer, Laura offers her skills in a way that inspires greater creativity in all participants while also improving physical balance, co-ordination and agility as well as enhancing emotional and mental wellbeing through the social engagement, creative tasks and group and partner exchanges involved.
Dance programmes can include: Somatic Movement, Embodiment Practices, Moving Meditations, Expressive/ Ecstatic Dance, Authentic Movement, Soul Dance, Contact Improvisation and Contemporary Dance.
Workshops are designed for-
Executives in the form of the Embodied Leadership Programmes, Empowered Wellbeing Events, Creative Spark Bootcamps and Team Building Workshops.
Schools in the form of Health and Wellbeing Days for students, after-school classes and workshops for parents and teachers.
Rehabilitation Centres, Day and Residential Centres for people with intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities and those who are blind, deaf and deafblind. For Integrated Accessible Dance workshops: click here
Movement Alchemy is a monthly workshop that encompasses these practices as well as QiGong and Daoist Healing Practices. These workshops are co-facilitated with Conor Kelly- Cranio-Sacral Therapist, Accupuncturist and Chinese Medicine Practitioner. Visit www.conorkelly.ie for details.
Why Movement Matters:
- We can be as skilled and learnt in our professional capacities as possible but without the awareness of ourselves and our impact on others, we may never experience the potential transformational advances our career and personal lives deserve.
- While we have 360’ peer reviews and curriculum vitas’ qualifying our personality traits and achievements, these parameters are narrow concepts of who we are. Integrated workshops seek to explore beyond our comfort zone, challenge our self-awareness and the depth of our potential.
- As children we move in all ways, senses and forms, freely expressing ourselves through voice, song, sound, gesture, rhythm, dance, visual art and play. As adults we grow more restrictive, our movements perhaps limited to sitting, walking, running in a habitual way or playing a sport using the same muscles or reflexes repeatedly. Our minds can follow a similar pattern when familiar mental pathways are repeatedly reinforced.
- We need to stretch our minds as much as our muscles; this flexibility means exploring new directions, testing new methods and reaching for further learning and development.
- If we were to integrate the dexterity, authentic expression, awareness and flexibility of the naturally moving child into our adult lives we would accelerate our potential for healing, learning and natural joy enriching the quality of our relationships, enabling superior results and personal fulfilment.
- Posture, Physical Wellbeing
- Focus, Efficiency
- Emotional Intelligence
- Positive Mental Health
- Creative thinking, Problem-Solving Aptitude
- Collaborative Engagement
- Self Awareness
- Network Intelligence
- Leadership and Communication Skill
- Confidence, Public Speaking Ability
- Morale, Motivation
- Energy and Stress Management
- Knowledge of Mindfulness