It’s easy to delay or even forget our own needs in the busyness of Christmas.
Why not try this ten minute self-care practice & create a positive new habit for 2018.
- Sit comfortably in stillness, if you feel this is a challenge light a candle and simply gaze at the flame while your mind and body calm.
- For 3 minutes watch your thoughts- try observe without judgement, distraction or attachment. Be the observer rather than the subject.
- Turn your focus to your breathing for 3 minutes- follow your inhale and the slow release of your exhale. Visualise the air coming in and leaving your body.
- Let yourself settle, let the waves of the mind calm and rest in the head-space and fresh perspective you have created.
- In the last minutes, plant the seed ‘What do I need/ want for myself today?’ Don’t look for the answer, let it come to you by continuing to observe your breath and your mind without attachment. And if an answer arrives- then you have a responsibility to yourself to honour that need/wish.
- Invite your kids or partner to join you in this practice.
Make Christmas Mindful,
About the Author
Laura is a holistic life coach and wellbeing expert focused on empowering creativity, courage and confidence in children and adults.
She incorporates somatic movement, healing yoga, soul dance, voice and bio-energetic practices into her retreats, workshops and individual sessions.
Laura’s upcoming Vitality Retreat at Lisnavagh Country Estate, February 2 – 4th 2018, offers an ideal time to detox after the festivities, establish clear goals for 2018 and provides enriching practices to inspire your continued progress throughout 2018 and well beyond!
To read more visit: www.healingyoga.ie/retreat
For further information: