Family Wellbeing Workshops
Parent & Child Movement Workshops
Twice a month on Saturdays: 10- 10:40am
Dates: June 27th, July 11th, July 25th, August 8th
Family-Focused Wellbeing Workshops allow us to play, be creative and care for each other.
Workshops include- Dance, Yoga, Body Puzzles, Meditation for Kids, Creative exercises are used to teach children how to better manage worry and anxiety, increase self-confidence, and learn about self-care.
Only €15 per family group. Limited numbers so email email@example.com to secure a place for your family!
Interactive, Parent-Child Partnering, Online Workshops
The Importance of Play:
As adults we become more rigid in our way of thinking and moving.
In this workshop parents will reawaken all the main movement patterns in their body, improve their dexterity, flexibility, creativity and sense of joy through expressive practices.
Parents will feel wonderful and children will be overjoyed to learn, play and explore together!
From this place of shared play and expression, both parent and child can better relate to each other, experience a greater bond and feel more ease and comfort in expressing how they feel to each other.
- Parents will learn ways to bring more playfulness and fun into home life that will improve the bond between family members and support the family’s overall wellbeing – emotional, mental and physical.
- Family workshops are an opportunity for both parents and children to observe and learn from each other.
- Parents, who are usually the leaders, will experience receiving from their children. Children, who are usually the receivers, get to give to their parents – they will direct some of the exercises and learn how to be responsible and caring for their parent
- Parents get to see how their children learn. And children get to see their parents as learners, something that doesn’t happen very often- setting a great example for their children.
- There will be some activities that the children can do better than the parents. This humanizes the parent and eases the pressure that their children’s expectations can create.
- This workshop gives parents the chance to care for their wellbeing and be positive role models for their children. Leading by example, the children will have more respect for the practices they are learning and better understand the effect of doing them. The time together will be positively reinforced by interaction and exchange between family members that encourages affection and appreciation of each other.
- This workshop offers the skills to create quality time with your family without the need for any resources, entertainment, expense or travel!
Creative Wellbeing Coach & Facilitator:
Laura is a Yoga, Somatic Movement, Dance and Wellbeing expert, Reiki Master and Life Coach facilitating Creative Wellbeing Programmes in Schools across Ireland and provides training for Teachers and Parents, her work has featured in the Irish Times, Irish Independent & TV3. Laura creates an enriching whole body experience.
“Yoga, mindfulness and meditation can be just the antidote to the go-go, technology-saturated lives in which children are immersed. Dowdall aims to empower them with techniques that they can use in decision-making and in recognising and coping with different emotions.”
– Extract from Irish Times Article in the Family and Health Supplement, September 2017.
Families can join in for €15 euro per family group.
How to pay
- Revolut Payment click here – or use my number 0879633229, Revolut sign-up
- Bank Transfer: IBAN – GB30 REVO 0099 7068 6055 99 BIC – REVOGB21
- PayPal payment to Healing Yoga Events
For Family and School Events – firstname.lastname@example.org / 087-9633229
Photo from Kids Camps 2016 and 2017
Move and Groove: Online workshop, June 13th 2020- for Crinniu na n’Og
Ballet Babies Online Workshop, June 13th, 2020 – for Crinniu na n’og