Family Days for Staff
Bespoke Family and Staff Wellbeing Workshops are designed with the organisations needs in mind.
In a world where parents and children are so busy, family wellbeing days offer a nurturing space to spend quality time together.
Without the distraction of mobile phones, iPads, TV, or work duties, this workshop provides a dedicated time for parents and children to come together.
The Importance of Play –
As adults we become more rigid in our way of thinking and moving. In this workshop parents will reawaken all the main movement patterns in their body, improve their dexterity, flexibility, creativity and sense of joy through expressive practices.
Parents will feel wonderful and children will be over-joyed to learn, play and explore together!
From this place of shared play and expression, both parent and child can better relate to each other, experience a greater bond and feel more ease and comfort in expressing how they feel to each other.
Wellbeing Workshops are customised to each organisation’s preferences.
The first section of the workshop will focus on energising every body, releasing nervous tension and getting everyone to a point of release and relaxation. The second section will introduce communication exercises and involve more parent- child exchange. The final phase will focus on how we can care for ourselves and each other and how to integrate the new learning from the workshop into family life.
- Being a parent is demanding- each parent wants the best for their child and to ensure their safety and positive development. Sometimes this may feel like hard-work and it may be a challenge to convey the lightness and fun in our communication that children respond best to.
- Parents will learn ways to bring more playfulness and fun into home life that will improve the bond between family members and support the family’s overall wellbeing – emotional, mental and physical.
- Family workshops are a rare opportunity for both parents and children to observe and learn from each other and a great way to bridge the age difference between them.
- Parents, who are usually the leaders, will experience receiving from their children. Children, who are usually the receivers, get to give to their parents – they will direct some of the exercises and learn how to be responsible and caring for their parent
- Parents get to see how their children learn and how they interact with other children and adults. And children get to see their parents as learners, something that doesn’t happen very often, setting a great example for their children.
- There will be some activities that the children can do better than the parents. This humanizes the parent and eases the pressure that their children’s expectations can create.
- Most of all, this workshop gives parents the chance to care for their wellbeing and be positive role-models for their children. Leading by example, the children will have more respect for the practices they are learning and better understand the effect of doing them.
- The day will be positively reinforced by interaction and exchange between family members that encourages affection and appreciation of each other.
- This workshop offers the skills to create quality time with your family without the need for any resources, entertainment, expense or travel!
Creative Wellbeing Coach & Facilitator:
Laura Sarah Dowdall is a wellbeing expert working one to one, in group and workshop settings, she offers an integrated practice that combines her skills in dance, yoga, meditation, bio-energetic work, reiki and life coaching to create an enriching whole body experience.
“Yoga, mindfulness and meditation can be just the antidote to the go-go, technology-saturated lives in which children are immersed. Dowdall aims to empower them with techniques that they can use in decision-making and in recognising and coping with different emotions.”
– Extract from Irish Times Article in the Family and Health Supplement, September 2017.
Interactive, Personal Reflection, Parent-Child Partnering
Laura is a life coach, yoga, somatic movement and wellbeing expert mentioned in the Irish Times & TV3.
How to arrange?
Staff groups or Human Resources can contact Laura to arrange these workshops for staff and their families.
For pricing, details and any questions you may have – email@example.com / 087-9633229